Saturday 24 December 2011

Product Warning!!!

 Yesterday I was at Shopper's, and I needed to pick up some new mascara. I saw the new CoverGirl Lashblast 24 hour wear, and decided to try it even against my better judgement. I always use the purple CG mascara and have tried new ones when they came out. Always a disaster. First of all I didn't like the brush as it's too thick--one of the reasons I shouldn't have gotten it in the first place. It's too hard to get the smaller ones and lower lashes properly and fully with the thick brush. But I thought why not?
To begin with it's super thick, but not in a good way. Almost globby. And it smells funny. Must be all the glue they put in it. Went on alright. Taking it off is my biggest problem. Last night I went to go take off my make-up and had to use my make-up remover TWICE. I thought that was ridiculous enough. Then I washed my face and it STILL didn't come off!

 
After 2 rounds of make-up remover and a wash.
To give you an understanding of the above picture--I have BLOND eyelashes!!!! Plus, you can still see how much mascara was left. Unfortunately, I had to go bed like this. My eyes get super irritated if all my make-up isn't off, and I don't like to ruin my sheets.
I figured in the morning it will have flaked off and it would be fine. It barely came off.

Next morning.


I then tried make-up remover again and hopped in the shower and scrubbed it the best I could....





It's still there. I get that it says 24 hour mascara, but in saying that I figured it was like a waterproof. Still eventually washable. I honestly think this mascara has glue in it. It will NOT come off! Not only was it bad for my eyes to continuously scrub and rub at them, but now I have left over mascara which I imagine will ruin my new fresh mascara that I'll put on today. Good thing I always keep my old ones just in case. And good thing shopper's does exchanges!





No comments:

Post a Comment