Tuesday 20 December 2011

I Care Deeply About You!

With cold winter here we need to take as much care with our hair as our skin. Static hair is a common occurrence in the colder months because there isn't enough moisture in the air to hydrate it.
There's a whole whack load of home remedies to fix this (dryer sheets, lotion, etc) but the easiest and the best is probably something you already do.
You condition your hair everyday, but do you leave it in the appropriate amount of time? Does it have enough moisturizers?
I bleach my hair so it gets stripped and damaged. In order to keep hair silky and in good condition I have 3 different conditioners. The normal one is an everyday use, a deep conditioner to use every other day, and a deep treatment conditioner used once a week overnight.
When using the regular everyday conditioner, try to leave it in for at least a minute.
The deep conditioner I use is just the Dove Intensive Care brand. It's cheap and it's amazing! Use every third day for 5 minutes.     



 Usually Sundays are my at home spa days. I take a bath, do a 5 step facial, then after washing my hair apply the conditioning mask. I do leave it in overnight so use a plastic shower cap to cover hair and a terry cloth turban over top of that to keep in all the moisture. In the morning simply wash it out (shampoo and normal conditioner) and style hair as normal. The mask I use is a higher end salon product; it's L'anza Trauma Treatment.



 You don't need a lot and it's worth it, your hair will definitely notice the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment