Tuesday 20 December 2011

The Pink Hue

You voted and said yes to the pink! Here's how I did it:

I first washed and dried it thoroughly, then I put half my hair up and used a comb to make the part. I did it in a "V" shape so that it would peek-a-boo at the bottom. I didn't lighten my hair beforehand because when it grows out, I still want to have my natural highlights. If you have darker hair, you'll obviously have to lighten it.





I had to mix a couple of the colors, because they didn't have the one I really wanted (Hot Hot Pink). I ended up going with Red Passion and Cotton Candy Pink. After mixing them together, my husband Dallas applied it with a paintbrush. Just like at the salon, do not apply at the root or touch your scalp. After it's applied, wrap up in saran wrap or tinfoil and let sit. It takes 15 minutes to completely set in, but you can do it at a longer time so that the color stays well.
When you're washing your hair after in the following weeks try not to bunch up your hair. The color will bleed a bit. After about 2 weeks I just do whatever, and the bottom tips (the regular ones) will go a really nice soft pink.
I didn't take an after picture but I will be doing more hair tutorials, and you can see it then! :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that you did it!!! This really makes me inspired to consider doing something as awesome as this as well...

    ReplyDelete