Monday 2 April 2012

Easy Beachy Waves

I love what salt water does to my hair on the beach. I have pin straight hair naturally, so when the salt water and humid air hit my locks, I turn into a surfer girl with lovely waves :)
It's hard to do this if you don't live by the ocean. You can try to do it with styling tools but nothing looks as authentic. Until now!
A couple years ago I was reading People magazine and they were highlighting a Bumble and Bumble product called Surf Spray.

Upon reading the description (Excellent for wavy types and surfers with winter blues; adds body to fine hair) I knew I had to have it. The problem was that Bumble and Bumble products were extremely hard to find in Canada. Only select salons (as in salons that ONLY* sold B&B) and those were few and far in between as well. Luckily, I have friends in the states that can get their hands on it. But luckily they now sell it at Sephora!!! ($30)
I LOVE this product. It does exactly what the ocean does, but without all the tangles and sand.
The best method is to towel dry hair really well, comb through and do NOT use any other products (detangler, Moroccan Oil, etc) besides the spray. Let hair dry a little bit more, then spray hair generously and scrunch with hands. Roll into circles and put in clip pins:

If you don't have pins, bobby pins can also be used. I have also put my hair in buns and used 2 big claw clips.
Let hair dry as much as possible. If strapped for time blow dry. When clips come out spray all over and scrunch up again. Leave hair alone after! The more you touch the less it'll stay.

I'm also wearing the Revlon Tutti Frutti in this picture :)
I also found a pin on Pinterest that allows you to make it yourself. If anyone does, let me know how it turns out!
*The great thing about Bumble and Bumble as a company is that they are only exclusive to their salons and select places to ensure authenticity. If you take it back, it goes back to them direct not back out again. They are very adamant about that, and that shows quality and respect for the customer.

1 comment:

  1. I have this and LOVE it. All summer long, my fave style is beach hair and I swear by this product!!

    ReplyDelete