Thursday 20 October 2011

Curly Sue-Velcro Curlers!

There are about 5 different ways I curl my hair and since I always get asked how I do it, I figured I'd break it down from softest to curliest :)

One of the best ways to get tons of volume and big soft curls is by using velcro curlers.


The set comes in 5 different sizes, so you can adjust the volume you want. Usually I like do this in the summer because I can just pop them in, sit on the deck in the sun and let my hair set. But because the luxury of time is short, and the sun has gone away we need to adjust.
Once out of the shower and your hair is toweled dry, put a little amount of your favorite volumizing product in (gel, mousse, spray) and put throughout your entire hair, root to tip. I say a little because you want it to look soft and natural, not crunchy.
IF you have time, try to let it air dry a little on it's own. If not, use the hair dryer on low and dry your hair about 50%.
Time to place them in! How you do this is entirely up to you. I put the large ones on the crown of my head down to the smallest at the nape of my neck. In the front I put my bangs back with smaller curlers so they curl more. I also set them away from my face.



Once the curlers are in let them sit for as long as you can. Do your make-up, get dressed, etc. Again, if you don't have the time take your hair dryer and dry it at high heat. The great thing about these curlers is that they are breathable so your hair will dry fast.
When you are ready to take them out grab them by the end and lightly pull them out. 



After all the curlers are out you can easy manipulate the curls in the direction you want them to go. Use your fingers to comb thru the hair and if need be use a big rounded brush to adjust and soften. Once you have the effect you want spray all over with hairspray.




2 comments:

  1. It's like you read my mind! I JUST finally bought velcro curlers recently and was a little mystified about how to use them. Once again, you save the day. ;) Thanks Lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love to hear!
    I'm going to do hot curlers next!

    ReplyDelete