Sunday 25 September 2011

Raising Eyebrows

There are a couple ways out there to do your eyebrows. You can pluck them, wax them or thread them. Which ever way you get them done, there are always the pro's and cons. Some people pluck their own because it's a cheaper at home solution. But once you start to pluck, you usually tend to over do it. Waxing can be done at home as well but you have to be extra careful of wax temperature, and pulling out too much hair, proper shaping, etc.
Threading is an art form. I've come across it a couple years ago when a friend recommended it. I went to try it out, cause it was the same price as a wax. So basically what it entails is that the esthetician holds 2 threads--one in her mouth, the other in her hand. She basically scissors the thread across your eyebrows and it pulls the hair out of the root. Does it hurt? YES! It made my eyes water like crazy! But that being said, the results were amazing. My skin usually flares up red and swollen after a brow wax. After a threading, my brows were a little pink, but it went away quickly. I also noticed that the shape was perfect! The esthetician also informed me that while waxing pulls your skin (which could lead to sagging and bleeding), threading just pulls out the hair.
You can do this method at home (I've actually tried!) but I've found it too be too hard and yes, it hurt way too much! I've left it to the professionals! If you see how it works or try it out, check out the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment