Wednesday 28 September 2011

Fall for Color!

I was going through the check-out the other day when a lady said to me, "Your make-up is amazing! I would never be able to pull that color off!"
Now, I was wearing my normal make-up. Yes I wear lots of color, and yes it's usually a crazy color, but that day was an orange day. And in saying that, orange looks good on everyone. They say you're supposed to work with a palette that contrasts your eye color--blonds should do golds, bronzes, etc. Browns should be blues and purples, while green eyes should also use purple and browns. I don't do that. I wear my golds and browns every once in a awhile, but it's boring. Color makes me happy. Especially in the fall and winter months when my clothes have toned down, you need that splash of color somewhere!
This lady had beautiful jet black hair and dark blue eyes. She was absolutely gorgeous. I told her that not only could she definetly pull this off but it would make her hair, her eyes and her face radiant (she was pale).
The problem I find with people is that they are scared to try it. Why not? The best part is is that it will wash right off if you don't like it!! If you don't have a color palette, or don't want to spend a lot of money to try it out, go to the dollar store. Or even shoppers has cheap eyeshadow (Wet and Wild). Or go to Sephora and get some trials done! You might end up trying out a deep purple or a vibrant green and end up loving it!
The colors I had on were MAC. The orange is called Fab & Flashy. I bought it a couple years ago during a summer collection, and while they don't have it anymore they still have awesome oranges.




I also used a a shimmery gold pink shadow on the inner edges of my eyes and under my brows. It's also from MAC. It's a cream eyeshadow that goes on dry. Normally I'm wary about cream eye shadows (they've always creased for me) but if you do buy higher end they are worth it! This is called Rubenesque, in the paint pots.




Topped off with black eyeliner and black mascara, it's a wonderful effect!


No comments:

Post a Comment